Industrial Design BFa: Environmental Design MSc; Ergonomics PhD.
Consultant for 10yrs; Interior Office Equipment/Manufactures, UW Extension, Rehab Centers, WI, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Visiting Nurse Association, WI’s Medical Assistance; Consumer Reports Magazine, Legal expert for Attorneys (e.g. Life Care Planning), Founder and CEO of Consumer Care Products Inc.: Designer and Manufacturer of mobility, therapeutic positioning, special education equipment and 3M Distributors for their Industrial Tapes/ Commercial Care Division
- Supports grant writing to ensure user compatibility and commercialization
- Technology Transfer/ University CE Programs
- Product Development and Inventor assistance in determining user interface conflicts and/ or needs; including the setup of evidence based evaluations/ case studies
- Development of new methods for determining the safety of visually and mobility impaired students and elderly persons environments with the goal being to prevent accidental falls via environmental change (see “Seniors Leap”TM)
- Assist in EHS assessments especially in terms of analyzing use of equipment and work stations layout e.g. in creating a stress free “sit & stand office”TM
- Help create Quality Assurance program to meet the new CPSC’s Product Safety Improvement Act of 2009
- Evaluate existing or create new product service user guides and associated “warning labels” compliant with federal and state labeling laws
- Support investigation(s) into cause of accidents and ways of reducing future risks
- Assist case managers/ rehabilitation programs/ insurance companies in determining the life care plans for permanently disabled persons
- Assist in determining methods for maximizing the marketing of products to via implementing universal design parameters to increase user satisfaction
- Develop cost effective home health care products to reduce risks of falling for seniors
- Provide technical support/ training to those on the innovation journey!
Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association and the Patina Solutions
“It is not what technology is about…but what it can do”